Tuesday, November 04, 2008
While Rome Burns...
The “Favorites” Meme
1.Political show - Daily Show and Colbert Report, of course. Olbermann will do in a pinch, and Maddow is starting to show up on my radar.
2. Picnic food – I'm not really a picnic guy, but in a pinch, a big ol' sub will do.
3. Mixed drink – Raspberry daquiri. A bit girly, I know, but still. The best I ever had was in a pool in Kauai, on my honeymoon. For my money, raspberry and chocolate are nature's perfect flavors. Many years ago, Ben and Jerry's did 'chocolate raspberry' as a flavor of the month, and I ordered one in public. I enjoyed it so much that it became socially awkward.
4. U.S. President – FDR.
5. Kind of student to teach -- The ones who don't know they're smart until you point it out. I've had a few of those, and remember all of them.
6. Hobby you do or wish you still did – Does blogging count? And I miss my dj days.
7. Sports commentator – Tim McCarver. I know, I know, but he's informative as hell. I also enjoy John Madden every so often, since he sounds like an aneurysm in progress.
8. Sport to watch on TV – Baseball. In a pinch, the Purina Fittest Dog competition. Or luge.
9. Animal to have as a pet – Big floppy dogs.
10. Halloween costume you have worn – Big Bird, when I was about five.
11. Kind of dessert – See #3
12. Comic strip – Dilbert, though the best ever was Calvin and Hobbes.
13. Style or make of footwear – I've never cared about shoes.
14. Ice cream flavor - See #3
15. College or university president – Prefer not to answer.
16. Internet news source – lately, fivethirtyeight.com. I also check Brad DeLong's blog, the google news aggregator, and about twenty million other things.
17. Vacation spot – Kauai, San Francisco, or Boston. A great hotel is the key ingredient. I don't believe in camping.
18. Wine – A nice red zinfandel. Not that blush/pink crap; the red stuff.
19. Way to waste time instead of working – being silly with the kids.
20. Student excuse for late work -- “I couldn't get the paper done. (Pause) I'm in love.”
21. Reality show – No, thanks. If they can't be bothered to write it, I can't be bothered to watch it.
22. Jewelry on a man – Nope. I feel the same way about tattoos on women. Call me retro, but there it is.
23. Pizza topping – It's all about the sauce. Novices forget this.
24. Children's movie – Finding Nemo or Cars. I also consider Matilda grossly underrated.
25. Celebrity you wish would retire -- Carrot Top.
Tagging -- Aunt B., Danigirl, and anyone who wants to play along.
"I enjoyed it so much it became socially awkward." Snort!