Wednesday, March 29, 2006

 

Octotoothy

The Girl is usually the stoic one. She inherited my repressed-WASP temperament, among other things, and she’s lower maintenance by far than The Boy ever was.

Mostly.

For the last few weeks, though, she’s been much fussier than usual, and hitting some pretty high notes. The diva fits have been mighty. We couldn’t figure it out until The Wife noticed something yesterday.

The Girl is getting eight – yes, eight – teeth at the same time!

I’d be cranky, too. Can you imagine?

That just ain’t right. This has to be some sort of record. She’s got a bed of nails in her gums, poor kid.

The good news is that once they’re in, she should be home free for a while. The bad news is, it’s eight teeth.

We’re normally not big fans of the pacifier, but sheesh. There is such a thing as force majeure. In her shoes, I’d demand rum.

This stage ends, right?

Comments:
"This stage ends, right?"

Alas, it does. It quickly turns into "the good old days."
 
One word: Camilia. I'm pretty sceptical on the whole holistic/herbal thing, but enough people finally talked to me about this to tip me into trying it and I've been kicking myself for resisting it. Just a single capsule of flavourless liquid seems to completely quell any teething pain.

Try it!!
 
My mother, a nurse, used to follow her old-school doctor boss' instructions and administer a teaspoon of whiskey after rubbing some on our gums.
 
Pistola got eight teeth in during the fall of 2004. It was HELL. Hyland's Teething Tablets, a homeopathic remedy that is widely available (I've seen it at every grocery store in my area and CVS), helped a lot.

You have my sympathy and best wishes. It's no fun.
 
Yikes! The teething stage does end... but at the moment I can't sing praises for the next several stages. Pray for Kindergarten!
 
Wow... watch out for the bedposts. The Inventor (15 months) gnaws on anything and everything. But he's not had 8 teeth at once! I thought three or four was bad. My sympathies, and wishes for a speedy reprieve.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?