Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Thanks


Thanks to Brookdale for such a warm welcome.  I didn’t realize how much I missed New Jersey until I came back to it.

Thanks to InsideHigherEd for so much support over all these years.  It’s wonderful to have a platform where voices from beyond the Ivies can have their say.

Thanks to the Twitterverse for helping me keep up with sources and stories I otherwise couldn’t.  And the people!  Tressie McMillan Cottom, Paul LeBlanc, everyone at the CCRC...

Thanks to my occasional co-author, Susanna Williams, for making the trek to New Jersey on the rainiest day in recent memory.  Thanks to High School Friend on Wrong Ocean for doing the same, though without the rain.

Thanks to The Girl, for bringing class, wisdom, and humor to every single day.  Watching you grow up is one of my great joys in life.  

Thanks to The Boy, for showing me how adolescence was supposed to be done.  Even with the move, you handle it with a grace and poise far beyond anything I could do at your age.  I’m in awe.

Thanks to The Wife, for holding it all together.  For slowly turning a house that isn’t “us” at all into one that is.  For being an amazing parent.  And for still getting people to ask me incredulously “how did _you_ get _her_?”  I don’t even mind the implied insult...

Thanks to my wise and worldly readers.  You are the point of the blog, and I learn so much from you.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.