Thursday, March 24, 2016


Tale o’the Tape

Cost of one hardcopy of “Principles of Economics, 7th Edition,” by Gregory Mankiw: $387.95

Cost of three credits of in-county tuition for Introduction to Economics at Brookdale: $368.25

Value of Open Educational Resources: Priceless

"Open Educational Resources" are just one way to provide low-cost textbooks for students.

Personally, I prefer self-published or "lean published" books at low cost—the author retains more control over the content than in "open educational resources", which sometimes turn into committee-written mush. There is also a small reward for the author. Students are also more likely to read a book that they pay $5 for than one that is free on the web.

Disclaimer: I'm currently publishing a draft of my textbook as though I give students in my class free coupons for it.
I read this content really awesome.You provided another one great article.I hope this information may change my business carrier.I can remember these things whenever taking the decision.

SAP FICO training in Chennai

Or 65 dollars used- citing the publishers price for a new copy of the hardcover is a bit deceptive. Does it make sense that the textbook is 20% of the cost of tuition? Maybe - many students can learn as much from the textbook as from the teacher....
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?