Wednesday, July 13, 2016


The Pokey Man

On Wednesday, a colleague reported that a student showed up in her office, looking for “the Pokey man.”

Nothing I could say or write could top that.  

I hope that was just an amusing joke rather than an indication that your colleague didn't know what a Pokemon is or was unaware of the recent invasion of this country by cute aliens! That would be sad, because I am surely older than your colleague and I know all about them. I wouldn't even mind having one in my office.

That said, you should get your campus culture to use this as a teachable moment and a marketing opportunity. My college is home to a major Pokemon GO hotspot and they can also be found in other places on campus. Young people are walking around, perhaps for the first time. Greet them warmly! Ask them what they caught! Thank them for visiting and get them to tell their friends about your campus.

I've found it amazing to witness this phenomenon. I don't have to tell you that the campus is usually pretty empty in the afternoon during the last part of the summer semester, but I've seen individuals and small groups all over the place despite blazing afternoon sun. Walking! Getting exercise playing a video game.
It's like you read my mind! You seem to know a lot about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you can do with some pics to drive the message home a little bit, but instead of that, this is fantastic blog. A great read. I will definitely be back.

Online Training in Chennai

Indeed Matt. It is like you wrote the book on this or something.
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?