Wednesday, March 07, 2007


Public Service Announcement

If you find yourself having to send an all-campus email announcing the death of a beloved campus figure the previous night, please delete the 'flashing yellow smiley face' emoticon from your email before sending.

Thank you.

Oh no- please tell me you either A) had to send such an email and remembered to do so prior to sending it; or B) you received such an email from someone else.

Either way, I'm sorry you would have to be on either side of that situation.
It might be wise to eliminate a flashing yellow smiley emoticon from ALL professional emails.
I received it. I'm not the smiley emoticon type, myself.
Oh MY god! THat could EASILY happen at my institution.

And folks would MEAN it.

Thanks for the laugh.
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?