Thursday, January 29, 2009


Things I've Learned from The Boy

A few days ago, we did a post-dinner Home Depot run. It wasn't terribly successful, and it was cold, and late, and we were all a little cranky.

In the car on the way back, we were uncharacteristically silent for some time. Then,

The Boy (in perfect 'Yoda' voice): Farted, I did.

And that was that. TW and I laughed the rest of the way home. Comic relief goes a long way.


Each week, he has ten spelling words for which he has to write sentences. Last week, one of the words was antonym. He wrote:

The antonym of synonym is antonym.

The teacher gave him a smiley face for that one. That's my boy!


Snow days are occasions for pure, unbridled glee. And Nintendo DS.

"There is only belch and belch not. There is no try."
Okay, I see the family resemblance. ALL the family resemblance.

Love the boy humor. I laughed out loud.
"The antonym of synonym is antonym."

Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?